Leneeva Homes sponsors Guide Dogs Victoria
Leneeva Homes turns 10 in 2020 and to celebrate this milestone we will be increasing our level of charitable commitments. Thankful for our success, it is great to be in a position to be able to support a charity such as Guide Dogs Victoria in a much larger way than we have in the past.
Welcome to the Leneeva family “Indiana” who we have sponsored through the puppy stages of his training (16 weeks) onto hopefully becoming a fully-fledged guide dog.
While most people associate Guide Dogs Victoria with Guide Dogs for blind or vision impaired people they actually do a lot more. Guide Dogs Victoria offer a range of supports including;
- – Occupational Therapists support people to achieve individual goals in everyday life, including personal care, domestic tasks, and recreational activities.
- – Orientation & Mobility Specialists work with people to identify personal mobility goals to be safe and independent accessing their community, using public transport, crossing roads and more.
- – Acquired Brain Injury Mobility Specialists work with people who have experienced vision loss after a brain injury. There is a focus on maximising the use of residual vision for safe and independent mobility, whilst also developing strategies to manage cognitive changes that may affect mobility.
- – Orthoptists specialise in low vision and can assist people to understand their visual condition and identify appropriate equipment or strategies for using their functional vision.
- – Assistive Technology Specialists understand the best equipment to support independence with a range of activities.
The team at Leneeva Homes has a newfound level of admiration for the team at Guide Dogs Victoria after touring their expansive facilities in Kew and seeing first hand what goes into breeding, training, and pairing of guide dogs with their new clients.